The emblem of our story and our work is the cherry tree. A metaphor for abundance, for intersecting habitats within the virtuous circle of a business ecosystem. Wholeness.
Two standards guide our work:
Individual excellence; and a design perspective.
Each member of our community has a demonstrated track record of personal and professional excellence. We are known for our:
- Independence and objectivity;
- Superb technical capabilities and mastery of our fields of expertise;
- Dedication to active listening, out-of-box problem solving, and rigorous, defensible work product.
Our breadth of experience adds depth and scope to our work. We:
- Have started, run, invested in, and advised business, fine-tuning our instincts about what makes an enterprise or project valuable and what may be causing it trouble.
- Have mastered the theory, laws, and models that govern our fields. Several of us have developed new theory and models.
- Are respected contributors to our fields through teaching, research, writing, presenting, and consulting worldwide.
While we utilize standard valuation best practices and tried-and-true theory and methods, we also bring a design perspective to our work. We:
- Think proactively and creatively.
- Challenge the status quo when appropriate.
- Are comfortable with paradigm shift and are not afraid to precipitate change if it benefits the client and is demanded by the problem.
- Seek to grow our respective professions by moving outside the usual frame of reference to affect the big picture and set new precedents.